Membership benefits YOUR business and OUR community
Board of Directors
The membership elects a local board of directors, business leaders from the community, whose function is to look out for the health of the local business climate.
Your “Other” Office
Your staffed Chamber office displays your marketing materials and makes referrals to our member businesses and the public. We are here to monitor issues affecting local businesses, answer your questions and provide you with the resources you need to be successful.
Membership Benefits that MATTER
The Chamber is constantly striving to develop meaningful benefits. We are always looking for new and innovative benefits for YOU.
Our e-newsletter is a must read! Filled with news you can use about upcoming events, regulatory updates, and news from our members.
Online Job Postings
Share your job postings with us and we will include them on our website.
Annual Golf Scramble
One of our largest events of the year – and it keeps growing. Networking and sponsorship opportunities give your business/organization visibility.
Business After Hours
Showcase your business by hosting a Business After Hours. Request a brochure for additional information.
The Chamber can connect you with partners to provide your organization with its professional development needs.
Constant Contact Email Marketing Program
As a Chamber member you are eligible for discounted monthly membership in this email marketing program.
Sponsorship & Advertising
With your membership comes opportunities for various levels and types of advertising and sponsorship. Put a high visibility banner ad on our website and/or sponsor one of our many events. See the Sponsorship & Advertising section of our site for additional information.
Annual Awards Banquet
Join us in October as we celebrate the accomplishments of Chamber members, volunteers and an outstanding Educator. Nominations are due by September 30 of each year.
We are your Local Business Directory
The Chamber member directory is viewed online thousands of times annually by locals, visitors and other businesses. Premium and Executive Partners received enhanced listings. We also distributed a printed membership pamphlet when requested.
Each year through the Greater Ellettsville Area Chamber of Commerce, two outstanding students at Edgewood High School receive scholarships.
Have an event you want to publicize? Increase your visibility by submitting it for our online community calendar.
The Chamber supports many organizations in our community and can connect you with a variety of volunteer opportunities.
Convening the Community Around Issues
The Chamber is the business organization that brings groups together to discuss relevant issues.
The Chamber is there to listen and communicate on issues that matter to YOU regarding local, state and national issues. Chamber staff and board members attend local and county meetings on your behalf.
Networking events are only one of the ways to make or strengthen connections through the Chamber. Get involved in a committee, be a Chamber Ambassador, host or attend one of our events. The Chamber makes face-to-face connections easy and productive.
Boost Your Brand
Being active in your local Chamber speaks volumes to current and potential customers. Membership communicates that a company uses good business practices, cares about its customers and is involved in the community.
“Members First” Referral System
We receive numerous inquiries from the public, visitors and other members. We always refer those inquiries to our members FIRST.
Membership Levels to Fit Every Business
Annual PREMIUM Partner Level: $995
All of the benefits of Classic Membership and Executive Partner Membership, PLUS:
- Traveling Banner (Listed on a large traveling banner that is displayed at all Chamber events.)
- Enhanced Business Directory Listing (Listed first in our online directory)
- Home Page Recognition Featured on the front page of our website in an advertisement
- Sponsorships (Listed as sponsor in all event communications with logo and hyperlink to your website.)
- Event Tickets (Two complimentary tickets to the Annual Meeting & Awards Program.)
Annual EXECUTIVE Partner Level: $495
All of the benefits of Classic Membership, PLUS:
- Golf Scramble Sponsorship (All partners receive an automatic hole sponsorship at our annual golf scramble.)
- Enhanced Business Directory Listing (All Executive Partners will include a logo in their online business directory listing.)
- Sidebar Advertisement on website (All partners receive a free sidebar advertisement on our website and are listed in a scrolling footer – BOTH features are located on every page of the website.)
Annual CLASSIC Level: $175
- Chamber Electronic Newsletter
- Listing in Membership Directory (Alphabetical listing in online and printed business directory.)
- “Members First” Referrals (We always refer public and member inquiries to our members FIRST.)
- Networking – (Invitations to ALL Chamber-sponsored events.)
- Announcements/Job Postings (Let us promote your next event, announcement or job listing via our electronic newsletter and on our website.)
- Advocacy and Economic Development (We listen and communicate on issues that matter to YOU regarding local, state and national issues.)
- Brochure/Marketing Material Rack (We have lots of space to display your marketing materials, brochures and other information.)
- Sponsorship Opportunities (There are a variety of low cost ways to grow your business through Sponsorship of Chamber events.)
- Business After Hours (Host a Business After Hours event to promote and showcase your organization to peers, customers and our community.)
- Constant Contact Email Service (Receive discounted monthly membership in this email marketing program as a Chamber member.)
- Boost your Brand
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Awards and Scholarships (We support this community in a variety of ways that are only possible because of our MEMBERS: Chamber Scholarships to Edgewood High School seniors, Donations to local nonprofit groups, Annual Chamber Awards Program)
Nonprofit Level: $50
- Business Directory Listing
- Invitations to All Chamber-sponsored Events
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Note: This level is for our non profit and charitable service organizations and does not include voting rights in the organization.
Annual Awards Program
The Greater Ellettsville Area Chamber of Commerce, Inc. Annual Awards Program recognizes and celebrates the work, leadership and progress of its members and our community. Nominations will be accepted from chamber members, as well as the general public. Award recipients will be selected by the Board of Directors of the Ellettsville Chamber of Commerce and honored at the Chamber’s Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony in October.
Chamber Award of Excellence
Established in 2014, the Chamber’s Award of Excellence is given to a business or organization that provides an outstanding product or service in Ellettsville. The Chamber Award of Excellence recognizes a Chamber member that has demonstrated excellence in business affairs, while adding to the quality of life in the Ellettsville Community.
- Creativity, perseverance and innovation in creating jobs, products or services; promotes environmental awareness; and/or provides opportunities for their employees
- Active and involved Chamber member in good standing within the past year
- Be an established business/organization serving the Ellettsville community
Previous Recipients: Chicago’s Pizza (2014), Bybee Stone Company (2015), HealthSource of Ellettsville (2015), Hoosier Family Eyecare (2016), Smithville (2016), The Peoples State Bank (2017)
Spirit of Maurice E. Endwright Award
Established in 2014, the Spirit of Maurice E. Endwright Award recognizes a person who demonstrates outstanding vision, dedication, service, and leadership resulting in the well being of all our citizens.
- investment in the community
- dedication to seeing the Ellettsville community continue to prosper
- supporting or providing service to the citizens of the community
- providing leadership and vision to the community
- volunteering in the community
Once an individual receives the award, they are ineligible to receive it a second time. This award is established to recognize the contributions to our community of an individual over a period of time. A one-time action without continued involvement in the community would not make an individual eligible. The actions of an individual in the community should be considered a part of the individual’s service and leadership to the community.
Previous Recipients: Mary Ann Steinhagen (2014), Helen Ennis (2014), Jeana Kapczynski (2015), Chris Fisher (2016), Marty Hawk (2017)
Educator of the Year Award
Established in 2014, the Educator of the Year Award is presented to an individual who has demonstrated unparalleled leadership in promoting and advancing excellence in education. This award celebrates those individuals who have done something “special” for children or the field of education. Nominees may be teachers, administrators, board of education members, or community representatives.
- Demonstrated record of significant and distinguished contribution to the education profession.
- Provides a lasting positive impact on student learning.
- Generates a common vision and mission for higher expectations among students, faculty and the education community.
- Serves as a role model and mentor for students and/or future generations of educators.
Previous Recipients: Bill Buxton (2014), Mary Beth Gallagher (2015), Vicki Hardy (2016), Jill Cronin (2017)
Established in 1999 and retired in 2014, the Spirit of Maurice E. Endwright Award recognized a business or “entity who demonstrates outstanding vision, dedication, service, and leadership resulting in the well-being of all our citizens.”
A permanent plaque is maintained at the Ellettsville Chamber of Commerce that lists the former winners of the award.
2000 – Smithville Telephone Company, Inc.
2001 – The Ellettsville Journal
2002 – Bybee Stone Co., Inc.
2003 – Lenzy Hayes Inc
2004 – Monroe Bank
2005 – The Endwright Center
2006 – Cook Inc.
2007 – Peoples State Bank
2008 – Ellettsville True Value Hardware
2009 – Richland Bean-Blossom Community School Corporation
2010 – Ellettsville Main Street
2011 – Ivy Tech Community College
2012 – Chandler Funeral Home
2013 – HealthSource Chiropractic